Permanent Makeup & Cryo In Maine
Transform and Enhance
How Long Does Permanent Makeup Last?
Are you thinking about getting permanent makeup, but you’re having doubts about whether it’s worth the investment and if it will last long enough? These are some of the most frequent questions we get at Permanent Makeup & Cryo.
In this article, we’re going to talk about the benefits of permanent makeup, how long it lasts, and the best practices recommendations to follow for long-lasting results.
Permanent makeup has become an excellent solution for whoever wants to save time on their daily routine or to correct scars, burns, or discoloration on the skin.
Depending on the body’s area where the micro-pigmentation procedure is performed, the lifetime may vary. However, as a general rule, most colors may last between one and four years, and in some cases, darker colors can last around ten years.
IS MAINTENANCE REQUIRED?
We advise all of our clients to schedule touchup sessions to maintain the vitality of the colors. Otherwise, although their procedure can last up to 10 years, the colors will eventually start fading away and looking dull.
For example, for eyebrow microblading, it’s advisable to get at least one touchup session six to eight weeks after the initial procedure. Afterward, yearly touch-ups are recommended to maintain the results.
BENEFITS OF PERMANENT MAKEUP
One of the significant benefits people find in permanent makeup is the time they can save in getting ready every morning. However, there’s more into PMU. Let’s take a look at some of the additional benefits:
- It helps you save money on cosmetics. Makeup is expensive and has an expiration of approximately one year. You’ll forget about buying eyebrow makeup, brushes, gels, eyeliner, lipstick, and more with permanent makeup.
- Improves appearance after medical conditions or skin damages, like burns, discolorations, or hair loss after chemotherapy.
- Allows your skin to breathe and reduce allergies, rashes, pimples, etc.
- Gives you a natural look 24/7.
- Helps boost self-confidence.
RECOMMENDATIONS PRIOR & AFTER GETTING PERMANENT MAKEUP
Following simple instructions from your PMU specialist will help you get the best results and long-lasting effects. Generally, these are some of the recommendations given before and after a permanent makeup procedure:
- Avoid tanning at least one week before the appointment.
- Avoid blood thinners.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before the appointment.
- Avoid painkillers or analgesics like ibuprofen, Tylenol, or aspirin 24 hours before the appointment.
- Avoid injection procedures one month before the appointment.
- Avoid antibiotics two months before the appointment.
- Avoid retinol products one month before the appointment.
- Avoid working out on the day of the appointment.
- Avoid pools, saunas, steam rooms, jacuzzi for at least 10 to 14 days after the procedure.
- Avoid working out during the first 14 days of the procedure.
- Avoid using glycolic acids, retinol, AHAs, salicylic acid, and any other skincare products for youth and repair. They can lighten the color of the treated area.
- Avoid touching or scrubbing the treated areas.
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning for three to four weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid using makeup on the eyebrows for at least 14 days.
- Avoid sleep on your face for at least 10 to 14 days.
GET TREATED BY THE BEST IN MAINE
If you’re located in Maine, we invite you to contact Permanent Makeup & Cryo; we are a leading permanent makeup company. Our team will clarify any other questions and explain to you the whole process of a permanent makeup application.