Permanent Makeup & Cryo In Maine
Transform and Enhance
Are There Risks To Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy of the skin has been used aesthetically for many years. One of the reasons why this therapy is preferred over other techniques is because it’s a readily available, safe, and cost-effective mode of treatment for benign and premalignant skin lesions, as well as other aesthetic aspects such as cellulite and wrinkles.
Cryotherapy is a safe and non-invasive procedure and, just as any other cosmetic procedure, it needs to be performed by a trained specialist and monitored at all times. However, there are certain conditions or illnesses that could complicate the procedure and would be better for the patient to avoid doing cryotherapy. Keep reading to know more.
Cryotherapy Should Be Conducted By an Expert
Before trying any form of cryotherapy, speak to your physician and make sure that the person that conducts the procedure is certified. There are a few side effects of cryotherapy that could get worse if the person performing the procedure isn’t properly trained or experienced, such as:
- Cryotherapy can cause redness and irritation of the skin.
- While cryotherapy can reduce pain and nerve irritation, it sometimes can leave the tissue affected with unusual sensations, such as numbness or tingling.
- If a localized cold pack or ice is left on the skin too long, it can cause integumentary damage. Therefore, localized cold therapy should never be applied longer than the established time and the skin integrity should be monitored.
- Whole body cryotherapy should not exceed five minutes. This therapy decreases heart rate, increases blood pressure, and lowers respiration. The patient’s vital signs and disposition should be monitored at all times.
There are some cases in which cryotherapy should be avoided. You shouldn’t receive any cryotherapy treatment if you have had:
- Any respiratory illness
- A history of heart attack in the past six months
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease or arrhythmias
- Anemia tumors
- History of seizures
- Bleeding disorders
- Acute or chronic kidney disease
- Sunburn in the treatment area recently
- Pregnancy of breastfeeding
- Nerve disorders
Look Beautiful & Feel Better With Cryotherapy in Maine
At Permanent Makeup & Cryo in Maine, we are experts in cryotherapy. We are well aware of the possible risks of the procedure and take all precautions to make of this experience the best for our clients. We love what we do and seeing our clients’ happiness and satisfaction after each treatment is what motivates us to keep doing our best.
Your search for the fountain of the youth ends at Permanent Makeup & Cryo, with cryotherapy in Maine.
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.